There are few better meals than fish, grilled - and that is what we teach in this class. The emphasis of this fun, relaxed, hands-on evening class is on learning to choose the best fish, and to bring out its best using the barbecue.
During the class you learn:
- how to identify the best fish, and how to prepare it (demo)
- the professional tricks to lift your barbecue fish cookery to new heights
- perfect, precise barbecue cooking, using both grilling and indirect cooking
- to make sides/sauces to suit the characteristics of each fish (we prepare these as a group)
Supply and availability of fish varies hugely, so we work with the best fish available on the day of the class. That said, we always aim to cook something from each of these broad categories:
- A larger fish, such as turbot or bass
- Oily fish, such as mackerel
- A cephalopod, like squid
- A "meaty" fish such as monkfish
What we provide:
- Small snack on on arrival, to stave off post-work hunger
- All the ingredients, equipment and fuel for the class
- A barbecue per 3 people; we cook the larger fish as a group, and you will cook all the other fish on your barbecue
- Notes and recipes for you to keep (electronic format)
- Alcoholic drinks - available to purchase
Upcoming class Dates
We have now published all our 2019 Summer Season dates. The only dates in 2019 that are still to come are our Christmas Classes, to be held in November. Join our mailing list to hear about these, and our 2020 classes. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
- Classes can be cancelled/rearranged up to 2 weeks prior to the class date. After that cancellation/rebooking fees are payable, unless we can fill your space.
- Advanced written warning of any food allergies or dietary requirements is needed.
- Participants are required to wear flat, closed sole footwear for the class.
- Classes are only for participants aged 16 or older. Participants aged 16 or 17 must be accompanied by an adult participant for the duration of the class.