New to barbecuing or keen to learn new techniques and build your confidence? Wanting to barbecue something more interesting than bangers, burgers and drumsticks? This is the class for you - it’ll take you from relative novice to confident barbecuer with a range of techniques at your disposal.
In this hands-on barbecue class we introduce the key concepts for barbecue success:
- Choice of barbecue and adapting your cooking to different equipment
- The best fuel and failsafe lighting techniques
- Temperature control
- The key cooking techniques: direct grilling, indirect roasting and smoking
- Use of rubs, marinades and cooking sauces
- Barbecue safety - food hygiene and fires
During the class we cook a range of dishes:
- Grilled fish (catch of the day - the best fish available from our fishmonger on the day of your class)
- Spatchcocked quail with pomegranate molasses cooking sauce
- Smoked, cheese-stuffed "fatty"
- Grilled seasonal veg
- Barbecued fruit
We prepare the ingredients as a group and participants work in pairs to to look after each barbecue, 2 people to a barbecue. The barbecues we use for this class are a mixture of Kamado Joe's Classic Joe (similar to the Big Green Egg), ProQ vertical smokers and Weber kettle barbecues. If you wish to learn using one of these models in particular please contact us before booking the class.