KAMADO BARBECUE MASTERCLASS
This is the class for owners (or prospective owners) of ceramic barbecues like the Big Green Egg or Kamado Joe. We cover everything you need to know to get great results from your ceramic barbecue.
- Choice of fuel
- Fire and food safety
- Lighting and temperature control
- Use of wood to produce smoke
- Use of heat deflectors for indirect cooking
- Direct grilling
- Cooking with rotisserie
- Maintenance for years of flawless performance
- Smoked chicken with dry rub and tangy cooking sauce
- Reverse-seared beef – a great method for juicy, tender beef
- Rotisserie pork loin
- Cedar planked fish
- Grilled seasonal vegetables
- Slow-grilled seasonal fruit
The ingredients are prepared as a group. Some of the dishes are cooked on different grills then shared (you’ll see how everything is done); others are cooked by everyone. Everyone will be seated communally to eat.
We use Kamado Joe Classic Joe 2 barbecues for this class (similar to the Big Green Egg).
- Tea or coffee and a bacon roll on arrival
- All the ingredients (we do not want you to go hungry!) and fuel for the class
- A barbecue for each pair of participants (people who come alone and groups of an odd number will be paired with someone else to share a grill).
- Notes and recipes for you to keep (electronic format)
- Alcoholic drinks – available to purchase
- Classes can be cancelled/rearranged up to 2 weeks prior to the class date. After that cancellation/rebooking fees are payable unless we can fill your space. Where refunds are payable they are subject to a 2.1% fee to cover non-recoverable expenses we incur when processing payments.
- Advanced written warning of any food allergies or dietary requirements is needed. We cannot always accommodate all dietary requirements, please contact us before booking if you have a dietary requirement.
- Participants are required to wear flat, closed sole footwear for the class, we cannot allow entry to people who are not wearing this type of footwear.
- Classes are only for participants aged 16 or older (due to a licensing restriction over which we have no discretion). Participants aged 16 or 17 must be accompanied by an adult participant for the duration of the class.