FISH BARBECUE MASTERCLASS
There are few better meals than a piece of great quality fish, simply grilled or smoked. The emphasis of this fun, relaxed, hands-on class is on learning to choose the best fish, and to bring out its best using the barbecue.
- To identify the best fish, and to prepare it (demo)
- The professional tricks to lift your barbecue fish cookery to new heights
- Precise barbecue cooking every time, using both grilling and indirect cooking
- To make sides/sauces to suit the characteristics of each fish (prepared as a group)
Supply of fish varies hugely, so we work with the best available on the day of the class. We always aim to cook something from all these categories:
- A round fish, such as sea bass or bream
- Oily fish, such as mackerel (normally smoked)
- A “meaty” fish such as monkfish
- A cephalopod like squid or octopus
The format is instructive, relaxed and fun. We start with a quick snack, then light the barbecues. Whilst the barbecues come up to temperature your tutor will introduce the fish we will cook, and explain why they were selected, and how to buy the best fish yourselves. The exact format can vary slightly due to availability (and size) of the fish we can obtain but we generally cook smoked fish for the whole group on one barbecue; then everyone normally cooks all of the other fish.
- Small snack on on arrival
- All the ingredients, equipment and fuel for the class
- A barbecue per 3 people (we’ll match you up with others if you come on you own)
- Notes and recipes (electronic format)
- Alcoholic drinks – available to purchase
- Classes can be cancelled/rearranged up to 2 weeks prior to the class date. After that cancellation/rebooking fees are payable unless we can fill your space. Where refunds are payable they are subject to a 2.1% fee to cover non-recoverable expenses we incur when processing payments.
- Advanced written warning of any food allergies or dietary requirements is needed. We cannot always accommodate all dietary requirements, please contact us before booking if you have a dietary requirement.
- Participants are required to wear flat, closed sole footwear for the class, we cannot allow entry to people who are not wearing this type of footwear.
- Classes are only for participants aged 16 or older (due to a licensing restriction over which we have no discretion). Participants aged 16 or 17 must be accompanied by an adult participant for the duration of the class.