STEAK BARBECUE MASTERCLASS
Take a variety of steak cuts, grill over hot coals, enjoy. A simple formula, but the simplest approaches leave the smallest margin for error. The emphasis of this fun, relaxed, hands-on evening class is on cooking steak perfectly on the barbecue, without fail.
- To choose cuts, and to identify the cooking techniques that best suit them
- Precise cooking, by internal temperature and by touch
- The importance of resting, and to know how long is long enough
- The best ways to slice and serve your steak
- To make sides/sauces that suit the characteristics of each steak (we prepare these as a group)
The exact cuts we use for this class vary – we always work on the basis of using the best meat available, rather than restricting ourselves to only using a specific cut. But we always cook something from these categories:
- Large bone in steaks, along the lines of ribeye or sirloin
- Fast-cooked belly steaks, such as hanger or skirt.
- A cut from the “tougher” end of the steak spectrum, like tri-tip (cooked as a demo).
The format is instructive, relaxed and fun. We start the class with a quick snack, then light the barbecues. Whilst the barbecues come up to temperature your tutor will introduce the meats we will cook, and explain why they were selected – as well as discuss the wider choices in picking your ingredints. From then on it is simple: cook some steak; eat some steak; repeat.
- Small snack on on arrival
- All the ingredients, equipment and fuel for the class
- A barbecue per 3 people (we’ll match you up with others if you come on you own)
- Notes and recipes (electronic format)
- Alcoholic drinks – available to purchase
- Classes can be cancelled/rearranged up to 2 weeks prior to the class date. After that cancellation/rebooking fees are payable unless we can fill your space. Where refunds are payable they are subject to a 2.1% fee to cover non-recoverable expenses we incur when processing payments.
- Advanced written warning of any food allergies or dietary requirements is needed. We cannot always accommodate all dietary requirements, please contact us before booking if you have a dietary requirement.
- Participants are required to wear flat, closed sole footwear for the class, we cannot allow entry to people who are not wearing this type of footwear.
- Classes are only for participants aged 16 or older (due to a licensing restriction over which we have no discretion). Participants aged 16 or 17 must be accompanied by an adult participant for the duration of the class.