Christmas dinner on the barbecue - is there any better way to cook it? Come to this class and learn all the secrets to an excellent Christmas lunch or dinner on the barbecue. We will talk barbecue cooking techniques, logistics, and how to make sure the day runs like clockwork.
Our tutors will teach you everything you need to know for an excellent Christmas barbecue menu consisting of:
- Home-smoked salmon
- Succulent smoked turkey
- Perfect roasted rib of beef
- Christmas ham
- Two barbecued sides
We cover the preparation and cooking of all the items above during the class. The class is mostly based around demonstration, discussion and eating. The main barbecue techniques we will cover are:
- Curing fish and cold smoking
- Finishing ham on the barbecue (we will also discuss curing your own, and soaking/boiling the ham)
- Brining poultry and hot smoking
- Indirect roasting; cooking by internal temperature
What we provide:
- Tea, coffee and a bacon roll on arrival
- A mug of mulled cider for warmth! (other alcoholic drinks are available to purchase)
- Notes and recipes for you to keep (normally electronic format, printed copies available on request)
Upcoming class Dates
- Classes can be cancelled/rearranged up to 2 weeks prior to the class date. After that cancellation/rebooking fees are payable, unless we can fill your space.
- Advanced written warning of any food allergies or dietary requirements is needed.
- Participants are required to wear flat, closed sole footwear for the class.
- Classes are only for participants aged 16 or older. Participants aged 16 or 17 must be accompanied by an adult participant for the duration of the class.