Take a variety of steak cuts, grill over hot coals, enjoy. A simple formula, but the simplest approaches leave the smallest margin for error. The emphasis of this fun, relaxed, hands-on evening class is on cooking steak perfectly on the barbecue, without fail.
During the class you learn:
- to choose cuts, and to identify the cooking techniques that best suit them
- precise cooking, by internal temperature and by touch
- traditional grilling and direct charcoal cooking - which some people call "dirty" cooking or "clinching"
- the importance of resting, and to know how long is long enough
- the best ways to slice and serve your steak
- to make sides/sauces that suit the characteristics of each steak (we prepare these as a group)
The exact cuts we use for this class vary - we always work on the basis of using the best meat available, rather than restricting ourselves to only using a specific cut. But we always cook something from each of these broad categories:
- Large bone in steaks, along the lines of ribeye or sirloin
- Fast-cooked belly steaks, such as hanger or skirt
- Shoulder steaks, like flat iron or terres major
What we provide:
- Small snack on on arrival, to stave off post-work hunger
- All the ingredients, equipment and fuel for the class
- A barbecue per 3 people (and steak from all of the categories above for each barbecue)
- Notes and recipes for you to keep (electronic format)
- Alcoholic drinks - available to purchase
Upcoming class Dates
More dates to come! We have only published around the first 40% of our 2019 classes. Join our mailing list and we'll update you about future class dates. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
- Classes can be cancelled/rearranged up to 2 weeks prior to the class date. After that cancellation/rebooking fees are payable, unless we can fill your space.
- Advanced written warning of any food allergies or dietary requirements is needed.
- Participants are required to wear flat, closed sole footwear for the class.
- Classes are only for participants aged 16 or older. Participants aged 16 or 17 must be accompanied by an adult participant for the duration of the class.