Take a variety of steak cuts, grill over hot coals, enjoy. A simple formula, but the simplest approaches leave the smallest margin for error. The emphasis of this fun, relaxed, hands-on evening class is on cooking steak perfectly on the barbecue, without fail.
During the class you learn:
- to choose cuts, and to identify the cooking techniques that best suit them
- precise cooking, by internal temperature and by touch
- traditional grilling and direct charcoal cooking - which some people call "dirty" cooking or "clinching"
- the importance of resting, and to know how long is long enough
- the best ways to slice and serve your steak
- to make sides/sauces that suit the characteristics of each steak (we prepare these as a group)
The exact cuts we use for this class vary - we always work on the basis of using the best meat available, rather than restricting ourselves to only using a specific cut. But we always cook something from each of these broad categories:
- Large bone in steaks, along the lines of ribeye or sirloin
- Fast-cooked belly steaks, such as hanger or skirt
- Shoulder steaks, like flat iron or terres major
What we provide:
- Small snack on on arrival, to stave off post-work hunger
- All the ingredients, equipment and fuel for the class
- A barbecue per 3 people (and steak from all of the categories above for each barbecue)
- Notes and recipes for you to keep (electronic format)
- Alcoholic drinks - available to purchase
Upcoming class DatesTuesday 20th August, 6.30pm - 9.30pm. £95
We have now published all our 2019 Summer Season dates. The only dates in 2019 that are still to come are our Christmas Classes, to be held in November. Join our mailing list to hear about these, and our 2020 classes. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
- Classes can be cancelled/rearranged up to 2 weeks prior to the class date. After that cancellation/rebooking fees are payable, unless we can fill your space.
- Advanced written warning of any food allergies or dietary requirements is needed.
- Participants are required to wear flat, closed sole footwear for the class.
- Classes are only for participants aged 16 or older. Participants aged 16 or 17 must be accompanied by an adult participant for the duration of the class.